Canton-Galva Elementary School
116 S. Santa Fe St.
Galva, Kansas 67443
Fax: (620) 654-3335
- When we return from Spring Break, we will start state assessment testing, starting with science (5th) and social studies (6th). After that, math and English Language Arts, grades 3rd - 6th will test during the month of April.
5th and 6th grade boys recreation basketball teams participated in the Kansas Kids Sports State Championship Tournament on Feb. 24-25 in McPherson. 6th grade boys were runner-up, losing to Harper in the championship game.
Elementary students participated in a Health Fair put on by HCC on Thursday, Feb. 15.
Title One: Parents Right to Know
Parents may request information regarding the professional qualifications of the student’s classroom teacher, including at a minimum:
- Whether the teacher has met state qualifications and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction;
- Whether the teacher is teacher under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualifications or licensing criteria have been waived;
- The baccalaureate degree major of the teacher and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification or degree; and
- Whether the child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
- Information on the level of achievement of the parent’s child in each of the state academic assessments as required under this part; and
- Timely notice that the parent’s child has been assigned or has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by a teacher who is not highly qualified.
Source: KSDE Parent Involvement/Family Engagement Fact Sheet: September 2016