Parent and Student Links:
- PowerSchool Parent/Student Log-in
- School Menu
- Course Selection Handbook
- 2019-2020 School Year Calendar
- 2020-2021 School Year Calendar
- 2021-2022 School Year Calendar
- Add USD419 Calendar to iPad/iPhone
- Eagle Power Club
- July 2019 Newsletter
- 2019-2020 Supply List
- Lunch Information
- Curriculum and District Documents
- Due to the McPherson County "Safer-at-Home Order," the school buildings will be off limits to students until the order is ended.
- The Canton-Galva weight room will not be available for public use until further notice.
- Order 2019 State Football Championship Trading Cards today! In the order form, there is an example of what cards will look like. All cards may be subject to different information on the back of the card. All proceeds from these cards will be used to fund the yearbook and the special on state football in the yearbook. Thanks for your consideration and support. More information can be found on the order form.
- Jr./Sr. High students: Order your 2020 Yearbooks online now for $50.00. Click here to order.
CONTINUOUS LEARNING TO START ON MONDAY, MARCH 30
- Teachers should be communicating with parents and students to inform them of the plan to start learning remotely on Monday, March 30. It's important for parents and students to check email, and for students to check Google Classroom for information and updates.
- 7th-12th grade students: CORE CLASSES will check in virtually as a group at a scheduled time and day once per week (twice for Comp 2 students). Please see the schedules below and know the times/dates you need to be online for your classes. If you cannot make a virtual check in or if you miss one, contact the teacher as soon as possible. ELECTIVE CLASSES will have assignments and instructions posted in email and/or Google Classroom, so check there often. If you do not have access to Internet or Google Classroom by phone, computer, or Chromebook, talk to the school or teacher about other options. If you have issues with your school-issued Chromebooks or chargers, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ELECTIVE CLASSES not on these schedules do not need to meet weekly in video chats. Instructions and assignments for elective classes will be given by email or on Google Classroom.
Keeping our schools safe and healthy is one of the main goals for USD 419. We are working closely with the McPherson County Health Department and KDHE to stay informed about the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Here are some general recommendations to help prevent the spread of any respiratory virus, including the Novel Coronavirus:
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water. Hand sanitizer is ok if soap and water is not available.
- Wipe down frequently touched surfaces (computer mouse, cell phone, door handles, etc)
- Stay home if you aren’t feeling well
- Avoid those who are sick
- Stay healthy-eat well, get plenty of sleep, & stay hydrated.
For more information you can visit the CDC website, https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html, or contact the McPherson County Health Department at https://www.mcphersoncountyks.us/15/Health-Department
Canton-Galva USD #419 is now taking payments online!
Pay when it’s most convenient for you with a computer or mobile device at https://USD419.RevTrak.net. This district Web Store even integrates with Powerschool!
Save time and be confident that your payment makes it where it needs to go. You can pay online with eCheck, debit, or credit cards.
Weight Room Use Information
The weight facility at Canton-Galva Jr./Sr. High School is available for patron use. The cost is $50 per year for a swipe card regardless of whether it is for an individual or a family. A swipe card may be purchased at the Central Office located at 109 S. Main in Canton during regular business hours.
Each individual that is planning to use the facility will need to complete both the Par-Q and the Weight Room Assumption of Risk forms. Please click on the links below for the forms. They can also be picked up at the Central Office.
Weight Room Hours are:
Saturday - Sunday 6:00 a.m - 10:00 p.m.
Monday - Friday 5:30 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m - 10:00 p.m.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION
The Canton-Galva School District, USD 419 does not discriminate, and is required by law not to discriminate, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in admission, access to, or treatment of its programs and activities. Pursuant to applicable law, disabled individuals shall have equivalent access to the programs, services, facilities, privileges, advantages, or accommodation of any facility owned, leased, or operated by the district. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964(2000), and the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act of 2001, the Canton-Galva School District, USD 419 does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any education program or activity, including programs, services, facilities, privileges, advantages or accommodations in facilities.
Programs, Activities and Employment:
The Canton-Galva School District, USD 419 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability in the administration of any employment initiative, including hiring, firing, termination, disciplinary procedures, access to or participation in career and technical education, or other related programs and activities.
Inquiries regarding Title IX (1972), Title VI (1964,2000), Age Discrimination Act (1975), Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act (2001), CTE programs, or reports of specific complaints, or alleged discrimination should be referred to:
Bill Anderson OR Office of Civil Rights
109 S. Main, PO Box 317 U.S. Department of Education
Canton, Kansas 67428 8930 Ward Parkway, Suite 2037
Email: email@example.com Kansas City, Missouri 64111
Telephone number: 620-628-4901 Email: OCR.KansasCity@ed.gov
Telephone number 816-268-0550 TTY: 877-521-2172
Disability Related Concerns:
Complaints regarding disabilities and issues under Section 504 and/or the Americans with Disabilities Act and those relating to the provisions of special education services, should be referred to:
Bill Anderson OR Melissa Strathman
109 S. Main, PO Box 317 McPherson Special Education Cooperative
Canton, Kansas 67428 514 North Main
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org McPherson, KS 67460
Telephone: 620-628-4901 Email: email@example.com
Regardless of the means selected for resolving the complaint, the initiation of a complaint of alleged discrimination or misconduct will not cause any negative reflection on the complainant, nor will it affect his/her access to the programs, activities, services, facilities, privileges, advantages or accommodations in facilities provided by the Canton-Galva School District, USD 419.
USDA Nondiscrimination Statement
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaint_filing_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) Mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2) Fax: (202) 690-7442; or
(3) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.